59 tranny disconnect and transport needed CA-Nebr

59 tranny disconnect and transport needed CA-Nebr

hi All,
    I have been having a heck of a time getting the
shift cable unhooked from my 59 imps TF tranny.  It is
the ONLY thing still connected holding the 413 and TF
in my silver 59 which I woudl LIKE to be driving now
that winter is finally headed out of Nebraska!
I removed the sending unit and stuck a screwdriver in
and got it to release once.  now the cable is pulled
out about 3 inches from where it was but I can not get
it to release the rest of the way.
Can anyone explain how to get it to release???

HELP!!!

Secondly I have done it!
I bought a 64 crown coupe (Nice car!!!!) ;-)
from the San Francisco area which I have to get to
Nebraska within a month or so.
Anyone have any leads for me?  When I wrote a month or
2 ago I had not actually bought it but it is now mine
and I have to get it.  As usual I have less money then
brains (God help me!) so any help finding a reasonably
priced transport method would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
Jeff Ingraham