Klickity-clack...

Sounds like EITHER a collapsed lifter or a bad exhaust leak.  The lifter can eventually cause serious problems in the head and if its completely collapsed you've pretty much lost that cylinder.  The exhaust leak can be a problem IF it's between the head and the manifold.  Eventually there will be erosion of the head or manifold or both because of the hot exhaust gases blowing out.

I'd try and deal with it.

Kerryp

  johan C wildhagen <johancwildhagen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have allways (about 6 mo) had a slight "clicking" on the passengers side
possibly #4 cyl. when idling.
Not loud or annoying, but noticeable with the hood up.
I get a much louder "diesel like clacking" when wide open, say getting on
the expressway but not "kicked down" yet.

Local "old car guy" mechanic says its not much to worry about. Is he right?

I just heard from a local "young car guy" that it can lead to valve train
probs or worse. Im all confused man! 413s are pretty straight forward aren't
they?

All Im looking at is a "dry" lifter right?

Any sugestion (from "old" to "Young" car folks)would be appreciated!

Tanks!

Driv'n in D.C.
Johan
65 LeBaron