1966 4 door open top parade car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1824755143

It's a 1966 and an open top

Out of the way, silly fuddy-duddies.  This car looks great!  You know what
the only odd thing about it I can think of?  I take part in half a dozen
parades every year.  I was in two yesterday.  (That's at least one too many
if you are driving a 1958 American LaFrance fire truck with no power
steering and a non-syncromesh six speed transmission.)  I wonder where the
'66 car has been all my life!  Although the seller is listed as from San
Antonio area, it has yet to be in any parade I've been in.  Alpine is in Big
Bend country about 350 west from here.  Rats!  I'd go scope this thing in a
heart beat, if it was nearer

The museum I'm with has a 1963 Lincoln four door convertible.  How cool it
would be to have another similar Engel car!  Yes the roof has been cut off.
No question about that.  But it seems like a very good job was made of it by
someone with the money and affection for the end result.  Even if the car is
not suitably re-inforced underneath, which I doubt, judging by the rest of
the car, getting that added at this point would not be a big deal.

Parade car are not meant to be daily drivers.  They are, by every
definition, show boats.  Anyone who saw the interior of my old VW
convertible would know I ran it just about all the time with the roof open.
It was in a few parades, too.  A car with no roof, like the 66 for sale,
however, would be a challenge for most.  Because the roof mechanism for the
Lincoln is such a nightmare, its roof is permanently open.  It is the only
way to fly!

In short, I'd love to have, or have access to, this car.  Unfortunately, the
museum is too broke to acquire it, and so am I.  Oh well.  But, and this is
not just a silly remark, if anyone wants to help "save" this car they could
buy it and donate it to the museum for the tax write off.  You would also
have complete access to the car for your own use when in San Antonio.  We
have a 1929 REO Flying Cloud coupe with rumble seat out there under this
arrangement.  Its a win-win situation.  I am going to contact the current
owner to see if the idea appeals to him/her if the sale does not work out.

Hugh Hemphill
"Until further notice, celebrate everything."
(Very possibly San Antonio's motto!)