392 elctrical upgrades

Hi Hugh & list. Was given some info about the Pertronix for the Hemi, & it's a bit more than the ones for my 62's. About $100.00 more.$186.28 with shipping air to me here. It's more than I want to pay, but I'll be ordering one for the reason Hugh gives.
Denis, Redwood City, Ca.

I was expecting to hear about "Petronics"  (Pertronix? - Hopefully whoever
knows about it can spell it, too!)  This is, as I understand it, a superior
version of points, which removes or greatly eases keeping one's engine
properly timed.  As the Hemi is particularly sensitive to bad timing, and
access to the distributor is difficult for the best of us, I am strongly
considering this myself, if I had more details.