KELSEY HAYES WIRE WHEELS 4 the 1955 Imperial

KELSEY HAYES WIRE WHEELS 4 the 1955 Imperial

Just a correction that someone sent me some months ago: the
original wire wheels for '55-56 Chrysler and Imperial were not
Kelsey Hayes brand but Motor Wheel; here's the original message:
Hi Philippe,

" As I'm finishing up a long restoration on our '55 Newport I was
looking through your excellent info pages on these cars. One
correction I would like to offer is that the wire wheels offered
by the factory were not produced by Kelsey Hayes, but by Motor
Wheel. This seems to be a very common mistake by many writers of
Chrysler products. Also did you know that the Imperial wire
wheels were unique to that car and the Chrysler station wagons
alone. They are 52 spoke as opposed to the 48 spoke version used
on all other Chrysler products. Also they were 1/2" wider than
the Chrysler wire along with the larger bolt pattern.(..)
All the best, John & Christie Lazenby "

Don't know where we could find Motor Wheel wheels (and don't know
if the C300 and 300B had also Motor Wheels wire wheels)  ...

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com