1960 IMPERIAL for sale on Ebay

These people contacted the Admin list to notify us that the
car was on Ebay.  I told them that our crew generally keeps
an eye on Ebay if they have money to spend or need
something (and thus was not planning to make a special
announcement on their behalf to the IML).

I wrote back to them and suggested that they might want to
revisit the opening price to let the market decide the
car's value.  Aslo commented that it appeared to be triple
what a car-cass with no glass and other missing hard parts
might fetch.  The lack of interior shots, engine shots, and
uncertainty about presence of swivel seats left the value
of the car to the imagination.

The body looks weathered.  I think that some patience might
net you a running and complete (if rough) car for that
price from elsewhere(?).  I paid $1000 for something like
that car on Ebay last year, and it came with rechromed
interior bits and extra hubcaps plus other duplicates but
was not running.

I would keep trying, and not expect too much competition.
I would have never guessed that there would be a buyer
sitting on the parts that it's missing.

If the auction closes, I have paved the way for haggling,
giving him outside reference that the car may be optimistic
in its current pricing, so don't be bashful about trying to
work out a compromise.

-Kenyon

--- Douglas Gilfillan <doug_g55@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<HR>
had the opportunity to go out and inspect the 1960 Imperial
for sale on Ebay? I contacted them and they gave me a
telephone # but all that you ever get is an answering
machine. The car is located on the other side of the
Angeles Crest Highway near Lancaster, Calif. I presume they
are on Pearlblossom Highway. The car appears to be a Custom
or Crown 4 door Southampton; but that is hard to say
judging by the photos. I have all the parts that need to be
used to put the car back together; the front bumper, the
rear glass window, hubcaps, etc. They had e-mailed me and
wanted me to come out and inspect the car but they do not
answer the phone. The car has the flightsweep deck lid and
is silver gray. Maybe they will call me some
day.&nbsp;&nbsp; Is anyone else
interested?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you, Doug/Beverly
receive Hotmail on your mobile device: <a
href='http://g.msn.com/1HM105401/45'>Click