64 Lebaron Vinyl Top Questions

Hello everybody,

I have had no luck finding a correct vinyl top for my 64 Lebaron.  SMS
doesn't have it.  I called Nationwide Auto Glass (listed in the IML
Archives)....they are no longer in the trim business.  They suggested that I
call Crown Auto Top in Columbus, Ohio, which I did.  They told me that a
vinyl top in the correct grain is no longer available.

My car was originally royal turquoise with a white vinyl top.  My questions
are:

Could the car have been ordered with a white painted top?

What are the trim differences between 64 Lebarons with and without vinyl
tops?

I don't know if I should replace the vinyl top with one made from the
incorrect material, do away with the vinyl top and paint the top white, or
do away with the vinyl top and paint the entire car royal turquoise.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated,

Jeff Carrothers
56,59,60,62,64 Imperials