ballast resistor / no-start

Rubbish!  The wiring diagram for the 1966 Imperial engine compartment is
basically the same as 1965 :

When the ignition is in the START position, the power runs from the IGN 2
connector on the ignition switch via a 12-gauge brown wire to the bulkhead
connector.  From the bulkhead connector, a 12-gauge brown wire runs to the
12-gauge dark blue wire which runs from the ballast resistor to the coil,
thus bypassing the ballast resistor.

When the ignition key is returned to the ON position, power runs from the
IGN connector on the ignition switch by a 12-gauge dark blue wire to the
bulkhead connector.  On the engine side, a 12-gauge dark blue wire runs to
the ballast resistor.  Power runs through the ballast resistor, then via a
12-gauge dark blue wire to the coil.

According to the 1966 parts catalogue, the 1966 Imperial ballast resistor
was part # 2275 590.   The same ballast resistor was used on Imperials in
1965, 1964, 1963, and 1962.  And this same ballast resistor was used on ALL
Chrysler Corporation cars, regardless of engine, from 1962 through 1966,
plus the 1961 Valiant and Lancer.  It also replaced part # 2196 316 as the
ballast resistor on the 1960 Valiant.

Do not have parts catalogues past 1966, so I do not know what was used after
1966.  I suspect, though, the same ballast resistor was used in 1967 and
1968.

Bill
Vancouver, BC