3rd Annual Florence Oregon Imperial Gathering

3rd Annual Florence Oregon Imperial Gathering

Hi All,

Four Weeks until the 3rd Annual Oregon Imperial Gathering at the Florence
Rhododendron Festival...

When: May 17-19th

What: Friday May 17th anyone in town can meet for dinner at Bliss's 50's
Cafe, Dinner at 7:30pm. You can't miss it there's half a Cadillac on each
side of the bldg, and a giant Bob's Big Boy out front.  This is just North
of Hwy126 on the west side of Hwy 101.

On Friday we are doing a driving tour of the Heceta Head lighthouse and
Cape Perpetua and a tour of our local Mopar lovers Yard and Warehouse.
Please check in at the Cleaners on your way into town, if you want to be
included in the driving tour on Friday.  I'll will make an announcement
as to the time schedule on the driving tour. I'm thinking around 2:30 or
3:00pm.

Saturday May 18th the Rhody Show and Shine - registration starts at 8:30am
We'll actually need to be there earlier than that to get our cars in and
drive in together so that we may park together.  This year I plan on having
everyone meet in front of the Dry Cleaners in the Dunes Village Shopping
center (hwy 101 & 126) at 7am.   This show is a first come first serve
basis. Show ends at 4:00pm with Food  at our house. This year my 68
Ford Wagon will be serving passenger service to old town or back to the
beach for people who don't want to stay at the show all day.  Let me remind
you that you're Imperial does not need to be in perfect condition for this
event this is a VERY casual show.

The best thing about this event is talking and seeing other Imperials.

Last year after we recovered from the a day in the sun, we took Mikey's
newly running Imperial out for a "Victory Cruise" and then took turns
driving each others Imperials.... So I think we'll keep that on the Roster!

You can find out about places to stay (everything from camping to first
class accommodations) on the page for the meet:

http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Rhody.htm

See the pictures from last years Meet:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Oregon01
http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Oregon00

In addition to the car events, there is a Harley ride in,  a Rhody Show,
Arts and Crafts show, a carnival, and numerous other things going on.  This
is a BIG event for our little town.  Read more and see a complete listing of
events on:
http://www.florencechamber.com/EvRhody.html

The Attendees List so Far:

Me    -   Florence   67 Sedan
Lee & Carolyn  -  Eugene, OR  70 Dodge Coronet
Mr. & Mrs. Dilman -  Yakima WA '40 Ply PU
Roger & Jan -  Washougal, WA  81
Bob - Langlois, OR   67 Convertible
Erik - Eugene, OR Whatever's Running
Bill Ulman - Seattle '66 vert
Loren -  Seattle 64 Roamn Red
Jack Wojnowski - Vancouver Washington '60
? Jim & Connie Harris ? - Seattle '68 Vert
Rick Pennington - Coos Bay
Jim Crafton - Lincoln City Or '81

And remember you're welcome to attend with or without an Imperial, Bring
another old car, bring your daily driver!  But come enjoy the fun!  If you
know other
Imperial Owners who are not on the list feel free to invite them, this event
is open to anyone
and the whole point is to gather and share cars and fun.

Please email me to RSVP  and I can provide additional information or answer
questions if you have any.  I can also be reached during the week, between
10am - 4:00pm  at
(541)997-9255

Leslie '67 sedan "Titanic"
Leslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx