minimum rotor thickness?

At 09:24 AM 4/18/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>There is a minimum thickness for safe operation, turning them below that
>specific thickness risks brake failure due to fade and perhaps warping.  The
>minimum safe thickness will be in the FSM, and is usually cast into the
>rotor/drum somewhere to warn the brake shop.  No professional brake shop
>will turn a drum or rotor below that minimum, lest he open himself up to a
>monstrous liability/lawsuit, and, at least in CA, lose his garage keeper's
>license.

Dick, I was looking at the 68 repair manual trying to find the minimum
thickness.  I may be wrong, but I think they did not list a minimum
thickness.  Instead, they just said that rotors should never be turned and
machined!  They assumed that nobody will machine them, so they did not
publish a minimum thickness, or so it seems.

D^2