1961 Imperial Engine ID

Hello Imperialists,

I am considering a 1961 Imperial that is not in my home town and am trying
to determine if the engine is likely original to the chassis. The owner
found the engine ID boss that's located around the base of the distributor
toward the driver's side, but the ID number he finds does not relate to what
Year One says about identifying big block Mopar V8s. He says there is only a
four digit number stamped on the engine boss.

It would be most helpful if someone with a 61 could give me an idea of what
the ID is like on their car.

Much thanks,

Bruce in Tulsa