'68 with '67-style hood

I believe the hood is the only interchangeable body panel forward of the
windshield cowl between 1967 and 1968. However, the windsplit (center
molding) and stand-up ornament ('67 only) were of a unique design for each
year.

I have seen another early-'68 with same situation as yours, as if they had
not yet used up a few '67 hoods, complete with trim, at Jefferson and some
worker decided between hits of pot, sips of cheap whiskey and wild romps on
the third floor to "use up" the last '67 hood by putting it on a '68 car.

Either that or at some point your hood has been swapped with a '67, but the
car I saw this way seemed to wear its original hood.

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon