Bolts

Hello mechanics
 Just the other day I had to pull of the wheels of my 55 Newport. I had no
problems loosening the lugnuts, they were very tight !  What threw me a curve
was, that the front wheel   {drivers  side } was fastened with left threaded
lugnuts.  I had another suprise coming - the rear wheels, also left threaded,
are mounted with BOLTS going INTO the drum instead of studs sticking
permanently OUT of the drum like on the front wheels. Remounting the rear
wheels is therefore so difficult to do, one has not only to lift the wheel
{50 LBS}, hold it in place and then trying to find and thread the bolt into
the brake drum. I don't see the logic in that design ,,, it's a bear. Does
any body has any idea WHY Chrysler choose to this.?  Or do I have after
market drums in the rear, they are shaped very much like the front ones
though.
Any comments -- explanations on this subject are greatly appreciated.
 Sincerely Dieter 55 Newport         getting ready for the Anniston get
together.