Dr. Mopar & the 4/6/02 Bastrop Mopar meet,

Dr. Mopar & the 4/6/02 Bastrop Mopar meet,

How fortuitous!  There happens to be a three city (Austin, Houston & San
Antonio) Mopar club meet in Bastrop on Saturday 4/6/02.  Both myself and
Chuck Ariens (gorgeous '81) intend to be there.  Guess what is basically
right next door and is visited by many attendees?  That's right.  Dr.
Mopar's place.

The meet is very low key.  Just a fun get together of Mopar minded folks.

If you want to get to Dr. Mopar's place from IH35, look for RTE 2001 at
Buda, just north of San Marcos.  This nine mile, windy road takes you almost
to his front door.  I say almost.  You hit the main Bastrop / San Marcos
road in Niederwald, at a Diamond Shamrock station.  Ask for directions!  Or,
if you are feeling brave, go towards Bastrop and look for maybe the next
road to the right.  It does have a number, but I cannot recall what it is.
There are no signs for the yard, and the constabulary have hassled him to
move most everything out of sight from the road.  So turn down this road to
the right and the yard is on your left a couple of desolate houses along.
If you miss this road, look for some large industrial buildings to your
right.  You may see a lot of cars from the road at that point.  Turn around
and take the first road to your left now.  Or, go back to the gas station
and ask, like you should have the first time.  What's wrong with men in this
country anyway?

The good doctor will almost certainly let you scope the cars.  However, the
arrangement with Bob Hoffmeister, who is on this list, may preclude any
purchases.  I don't know.

Hugh