Dallas Meet 3/23/2002

kwdata@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>I'd like to take just a minute to thank everyone who showed up at the
>meet this past weekend. It was very gratifying to know that such fine
>people are out there pulling in the same direction - trying to preserve
>these rare and very wonderful cars. Sometimes these efforts seem a bit
>daunting but with a group of folks like this we will make it . Thanks
>again -
>
>Marc
>
>67 Crown Coupe

I echo Marc's sentiments.  A good time was had by all.  We ate (twice).
 We browsed Brooks' indoor wrecking yard, where nothing is for sale.  We
rolled up the windows on my '61, at Haden's insistence and assistance
with his power pack, since the battery was dead.  Despite my warnings to
"stay on the gravel", Hugh thought his '58 was exempt  and he could
float on the boggy clay not once, but TWICE, so I got to pull him out
with the tractor.  Twice.  I thought by now Hugh would post a 3,000 word
essay on how much fun we all had!  (;-D)

Did everyone make it home to their respective corners of the State (and
northward)?

--Brooks