Demolition men

if you want to run an imp in the derby sucessfully drop out the 440 and go
with like a 350 chevy or something....that will have enough power and you
won't have to worry so much about overheating and about the back end folding
up.....i live in kansas....and i have helped with derby's for many years i
don't believe i've ever seen any imp do that....not with a full frame
underneat them.....even if they do what you need to do is cut a hole in the
middle of the trunk floot about 2"X2" or so...so when the back goes up you
can look over your shoulder and still be able to see where you are
going.....I know a guy that ran the same imp for 4 years consecutively and
won all 4 years.....granted there wasn't much left of it after the 4th year
but it was still running for him to drive to the pits....and it had a 350
chevy in it that he ran for 15 years before he finally overhauled it.....*L*
this guy is the best damn driver i've seen in any derby....in like 30 years
he's won the local derby something like 22 times.....there was only 2 times
that he didn't finish in the top 3...........

Well anyway I just thought i would throw in that little tid bit....I'm not
saying that i would ever run an imp in a derby thought....I couldn't bear to
part with my car

Nathan Downs <------74 imp/my blue baby