Spring Anniston Meet/April 12,13,14/Update 55 Newport

Spring Anniston Meet/April 12,13,14/Update 55 Newport

Hi Dieter:
This is Frank Rush in Birmningham.  The drive from Philadelphia is NOT a one day drive in an older car.

I come to Westchester (PA) twice a year and take more than one day.  The milage is about 800 miles so at an average 50mph you are looking at 16 hours.

There are two ways to come down and I recommend that you stay away from I95 especially rush hour in Baltimore/Washington and Richmond.

If you come down through Knoxville and Chatanooga one of the fellows from that area or Huntsville can give you the best route to Anniston from I-59.

If you come down I-95 through Washington do the following--

I-95 to I-495
Do not continue to follow I-95 at this point.
Take I-495 toward Bethesda/Frederick.
Continue on I-495 across the Potomac river bridge to I-66 in Virginia.
Follow I-66 to I-81 and then go south to/ through Roanoke/Bristol/Knoxville/Chatanooga  and then follow the directons from one of the fellows in that area to cut across to Anniston.

Hope to see you there.
Frank