Car speakers

  Hi Don,
I see your posting has been pretty much unanswered...so I am gonna stick my
neck out and give your some info.

  I would think that 4 Ohm speakers would be ok. As a matter of fact,I just
replaced the front speakers in my '75 with the Radio Shack 5 1/4 4ohm Car
Speakers. They are working fine and sound good. The speakers are part #
40-1423 and come in a green box. They are $10 apiece. Possibly these are the
ones you bought too. No,I don't smell any smoke. My original ones had cracks
in the speaker-cone paper which caused an annoying buzzzing sound.

  About the Reverb,I asked someone who has some knowledge in this Dept,he
said you won't have a prob.

  I am not sure about the interchangeability and size of front speakers on
all Imps and NYB's....but,for you '74-5 Imp and NYB owners,these front
speakers were almost a direct bolt-in. The only thing that needed to be done
to make 'em fit it to elongate the screw-hole in the speaker just a hair.
You'll need one of those right-angle phillips-headed screwdrivers too. 2
screws hold 'em in.

   The plug will not plug directly to the speaker,you'll have to make 2
small jumper wires to connect the plug to the speaker. The purple one was +.
  I used 2 small jumper wires instead of cutting the original plug and
crimping the terminals onto that.

Stevefrom Albany,N.Y.
'75 Imp 4dr <--with a decent sounding stereo.
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV <-6 speakers and 1 bass-cannon....and hundreds of
feet of wire.