1955 and 1957 Sales Films

The website is now up and nearly back to its old self, thanks to the efforts
of Manuel Alvarez, our generous web host and mailing list administrator!

This would seem an excellent time for "Pledge Week" at the OIC, and I would
echo the sentiments of those who encouraged members to send their donations
to Manuel to help him offset the costs that he, and he alone, bears to keep
this club going.  But it wouldn't be pledge week without some new films to
watch.  I know here in Iowa they always seem to show "Anne of Green Gables"
(which my wife never tires of!), so for the Online Imperial Club donation
drive I'd like to present "Virgil of Chelsea Proving Grounds".

Kenyon Wills has provided the club with some great vintage sales films from
1955 and 1957.  The one from 1957, "You're on the Test Track", is especially
entertaining, as we see Imperials and Chryslers square off at the proving
grounds against Buick, Oldsmobile, and Cadillac.

Please see the links below for still frames and video clips from each film:
http://www.imperialclub.com/MoviesAndTelevision/1955Sales/index.htm
http://www.imperialclub.com/MoviesAndTelevision/1957Test/index.htm

Best Regards,

Mike Trettin