re: exhaust manifold

All -

> Can't these be welded as well?  Cast iron is not easy to weld, but I would
> think that its possible, and it may be cheaper.  Any suggestions?

There is a national company "Jet-Hot" that repairs and does special high
temp coatings on exhaust manifolds, in a variety of "colors", including
"cast iron".  I had my Alfa manifolds done about 5 years ago and they
still are very nice.  But V-8 manifolds are expensive to ship and the
coating costs could be "high".

Bob