From: Rob Shapiro [mailto:belfrygroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 11:28 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: '60 Motor Mounts

Hi all --

Well, despite asking many times about the condition of my mounts to every
mechanic, they gave up the ghost recently. Luckily, I got away with only the
fan clutch mildly denting the radiator; could've been much worse.

So, anyone know where a good set of mounts can be had, or do I need to pull
them and have them rebuilt (which'll be a bear; I can't drive the car to a
garage, and she won't fit in my garage with the hood up!)?

In other news, I'm fully restoring a '50 DeSoto Suburban. Huge car, but very
simple. Really makes me appreciate how sophisticated the Imperial is.
Unfortunately, now I want to take the Imperial down to the frame too, and do
a full restoration on her. And then the '66 Newport. And then I'm done
(until I buy another car)

Rob

Rob Shapiro
1960 Imperial Crown Southampton