Torqflite Transmission

My tranny has been making some unusual sounds lately. The other night on the way home from work, it slipped out of drive, and I had to pull off into a parking lot, and play with the buttons until it went into drive again. Once the car warmed up it was fine the rest of the way home. The next day I was driving it, a few times when I started off from a stoplight it shifted loudly and did not sound good, but worked it's way out after a while. Sometimes it will take a few moments to shift into drive after I push the button, and makes a slight chirp sound as the gears engage. Does this sound major, since the previous owners had the tranny completely rebuilt, I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about? Bill '59 Crown