From: mopar2@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Design Issues
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:21:03 -0700

I can agree with 1 & 2, but whats wrong with power locks on a 2 door? One
benefit I can see right away would be that if you have a passenger, you can
open
their door right away instead of them having them wait for you to make your
way
into the car & then reaching accross to let them in. Later on, when you want
lock the other side, you won't need to make that long reach to the other
side.
_______________

Otis Davidson wrote:

 > While we are on the subject of design flaws,how about:
 > 1)The postage stamp sized passengers-side rear-view mirror on my '75 (and
 > many others). Convex mirrors must not have been invented yet. :o(
 > Oh..
 > 2) Headlight Dimmers. How does it know when you are approaching a car
from
 > behind?? Does it detect tail-lights? My guess is NO. There is nothing
worse
 > than a guy in a car behind you with his Hi-Beams on.
 > 3) Power door locks in 2dr cars.
 >
 > Sensible options: Vent windows,power doorlocks and windows in 4dr
cars,trunk
 > releases,A/C,rear heat-defrost,cruise control,p-seats with recline,remote
 > mirrors,Sure-Grip,...and prolly many more.
 >
 > Steve from Albany,N.Y.
 > '75 Imp 4dr <--rear pads this weekend. (I wrote that last month too.)
 > '79 440 powered 35 ft RV <--4 new mirrors. Better right side vis than the
 > Imp.

Fifties