more originality opinions

well, i have to say that i favor making changes for
reasons of safety and reliability.
i put a dual circuit master cylinder in place of the
single circuit one on my 64 imp convert - i have seen
more than a few 64-66 imps with flattened snouts due
to lack of braking.(just think of the murder and
mayhem that can be caused by a runaway imp).
 i certainly wouldn't want to risk damaging a car that
i have put as much time, effort, love and money into
for such an easy to avoid problem. i also have a mopar
performance distributor and electronic ignition on
this car as well as radial tires and halogen
headlights. i've saved all the old parts but i can't
see myself putting tham back on; that will be for the
next owner in the very distant future to decide.
if it means that a car is kept on the road and being
driven & enjoyed then i don't have a problem with non
original parts or adaptations.
 a perfect example of this are the 81-83 imps - mine
is a carburetored car that was a non dealer conversion
 - i'm glad some one did get this very nice condition
car running again instead of junking it the way so
many 81-83 imps wound up because of all the fuel
injection problems.
 also, not every one has the money or parts sources to
keep a car "original". i think its important to enjoy
our cars and not bicker about whats  correct or not.

i'm sure all of us have seen people who go up to the
owner of a car and then proceed to rattle off a list
of whats "wrong" with that persons' pride and joy
instead of saying "well done, its nice to see that
you're keeping it going".
but thats just my view..................
mark               victoria & vancouver    bc   canada
81 imp
78 salon