68' info needed...

Sonny, I agree with Ron on the headers issue.  As an additional downside,
headers will fry the underhood compartment.  You can try to wrap them with
special wraos, but these are expensive and don't last very long.  If you
really want to improve your exhaust system, you could try buying some
reproduction high rise exhaust manifolds out of Year One, but these are
kind'o pricy at $500 for the pair.  Also, these type of manifolds will make
a larger difference at the higher rpm, while the relatively small cam of
the stock 440 restricts high rpm performance.  So, its hard to tell if the
benefit is worth the $500.  A dual exhaust is definitely recommended for
both your 68's though.  You will get a descent performance benefit out of
this modification, along with potentially better sound.
D^2