Problems with the IML servers

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to update all of you concerning recent problems at the IML servers.
For reasons that I have yet to fully discover, we have really maxed out the
bandwidth allotted to our servers. This has resulted in HIDEOUSLY slow
access times to the website, ftp, and to some degree email and listserver
activity.

I have been trying to find a source of nefarious activity to explain the
recent bandwidth increase, and I did find one source, however it apparently
was not a major issue and the website is still very slow. The problem had to
do with the IRC (chat) server we use for the IML, so I had to shut it down.
We have an alternate server you can access at http://chat.dte.net for
chatting. I have created a permanent IML chatroom there right under the
"lobby" listing.

The good news is that I have given in and placed the order to triple our
existing bandwidth. Our provider has given me a timeframe of "a couple of
days" to push the upgrade through, so hopefully things will be back to
normal very soon.

Take care,
Manuel