I just noticed on the '57 that:

I just noticed on the '57 that some of the cars had a chrome protrusion on
the top of the bumper that sticks up a couple inches. Look at the top photo
on this link:

http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1957/FactoryPromos/index.htm

I started going through archives and approximately 1/3 of the 1957 cars I
looked at have this, 2/3 do not. Is this an optional bumper or what?