Turning to eBay (was Peter Engel's "please read"

Turning to eBay (was Peter Engel's "please read"

First, let me applaud Peter's comment about trimming posts and using only
plain text to post.  We used to enforce that rule, but I think it has been
relaxed somewhat in  recent months.

Second, regarding vendors turning to eBay:   There have been many posts here
(check the archives, folks, that's what they are there for!) about a vendor
who calls himself  "Brad's NOS".  Some of these posts have been less than
complimentary (but not all of them, I hasten to add!).

Well, kids, recently a fellow calling himself "NOS Bill" has shown up on
eBay, selling some really yummy parts, or rather trying to sell them, at
very high prices/reserves.  Guess what?   OK, you guessed it.  For instance,
he is now running a pair of NOS "Crystals" for the 81-83 coupes.  I inquired
of him as to whether these were the real Cartier crystals, or the more
recently supplied dealer replacements, which are merely plastic replicas.
His first response was that they are "Crystals", which is indeed what the
eBay listing does say, very clearly, right in the title.   Shortly after
that, (AND TO HIS CREDIT), he corrected himself and said that what he is
selling now is the plastic replicas, and if I wanted the real Crystals, he
could supply them but at a MUCH higher price.  From the email address, it
was easy to determine that this worthy is our old "friend", Brad's NOS.

Caveat Emptor (Latin: which I think translates: "Cave in and your wallet is
emptier").

Dick Benjamin