Re:Welcome John

John,
Welcome to the club.  The information you will receive here can be endless.
Lots of people with great experience.

As for your question regarding 1968 Imperials and their weak points - the
most noteable is probably the Budd dual piston front disk brakes and then the
next would be the Auto Temp a/c system.

I have a 68 Crown Coupe that has a leaking piston due to its sitting for 10
years and not being driven.  This was great for keeping the mileage down but
was destructive to the brake system.  Rotors became pitted, right caliper
leaks and the power booster needs to be replace.  But I wouldn't trade the
car away!  Its a great driver and I love taking it on long trips.

Many people have also experienced problems with the Auto Temp.  It can be
moody and sometimes is a down right pain.  I haven't had any real problems
with my system (please God of Cars don't jinx me now!!)  There is information
available if the system in your car doesn't seem to work.

If you are looking for a nice 68 Crown 4 door there is one that is low
mileage available in South Dakota.  There are pictures on the web at
www.classicperformancecars.com  He is asking $8600 which is probably
negotiable.  If I had the money the car would be mine!

Good luck on your purchase.

Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 New Yorker 2 door