1956 Paint Codes & Tahitian Coral

Anthony,

I remember you saying that your '56 was originally painted a special color,
Tahitian Coral, which Philippe Courant correctly noted was a production
color for 1958.

You can see the 1958 codes and paint chip samples here:
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1958/PaintChips/upe8290.jpg

And compare that to Desert Rose for 1956:
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1956/PaintChip.html

You can see that the two colors are pretty far apart, with Tahitian Coral
being a much more saturated pink.  What color(s) is your interior?  You can
also view the available interior color and upholstery material combinations
for 1956 here:
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1956/PaintChip.html

(See the page labeled "Paint/Interior Codes")

Do you have any pictures of you car that you'd like to share with the club's
website?  Whether it's Desert Rose or Tahitian Coral, your '56 sounds like a
beauty!

One last thought: if you're trying to match the existing color of your car,
in order to make a repair and need to match the paint, I would plan on
having your paint shot with a colorimeter and the color matched by computer
and/or by eye, anyway, since the original formula is not likely to match
perfectly after all these years.

Best Regards,

Mike Trettin
1956 Imperial Sedan, Turquoise