1983 Tape pin stripes

Subject: RE: IML: 1983 Tape pin stripes

>I had real paint stripes put on which mimic
> the old ones, and they look terrific.  I think that's the only way to get
> what approaches the factory look.
>
> Neal Herman

I agree with Neal.  In fact, I think that painted-on stripes look BETTER
than the original tape stripes, which often show the edges of the aplique as
they age and get chipped pretty easily.  I consider myself a "purist" with
regards to originality of my old cars, but when it comes to something like
this, then I go for the easier (and better) option--the painted-on
stripes--rather than trying to hunt down a really expensive set of NOS
stripes that will be of uncertain quality due to their age anyway.

Ed F.