Road tests

Dan.  Sorry to inform you but the book mentioned does not have a 66 road
test.  The two Car-Life tests are on the 64 and 67.  66 was the first year
of the 440, but it used the old 413 head, so the 67 test would not be
representative (in 67, they enlarged the intake ports and enlarged the
exhaust valves, so the 67 would be a bit faster than the 66).  The 64 and
66 tests are posted in the IML pages.  There is a 69 test not posted in the
pages (I could mail you copies if you would like), is not as a thorough
test as the Car life tests, but at least the performance was
representative.  Also, there is a road test posted on the mailing list of a
67 by Mecanix Illustrated or something, that they compare with the
66.  That may be of most interest to you.  Interesting enough, in that
test, they said that the 66 was a hair faster than the 67, which is
contrary to what I just said above.  My guess is the 67 was not properly
broken in since it was brand new (back then, it took longer for cars to
break in).  Anyway, the book I am referring is pretty cool (~$30), is
titled "Road Test limited edition, Imperial 1955-1970" and can be mail
ordered by calling 800 876 6600 (at least that's where I got mine, I hope
its still in stock).  I am posting this in the list in case others are
interested.  D^2