alternator amp upgrade 65 LeB?

Oy!
Yer opening a can of worms, trust me on that!

You can get a stronger alternator, what I am currently looking at is the
Leece Neville alternator found in many SemiTrucks out there, the reason is
that it'll charge damn near fully at idle, it'll give you 100 amps and it
has externally replaceable brushes!

To some that may be overkill, but I have plans.. hjeh hjeh hjeh

Anyway, what you should do FIRST (assuming you're not SURE your alternator
is dead) is to make sure your battery-ground is good, take the connectors
off, sand the area and retighten the cable, also check the ground at the
bulkhead connector and also the little cable from the block to chassies
between the firewall and block on the passenger side.

If your alternator is bad, the best bet is to get an UNrebuilt one from a
junkyard or partscar, that way you get better charging than if you buy the
rebuilt partsshop ones, they usually have mismatched parts. On the other
hand, you may just pick up a 100amp (or 80amp as many 80's MOpars had) one
at the store, that should do ya good.

Oh, alternators are deemed good if they give you a charge at 2000rpm, mine
is struggling with the highbeams, heater on full, brakelights, turnsignal
and windshieldwipers. That's what I need to fix!

Carl