alternator amp upgrade 65 LeB?

Hey all.

Thanx every one for the help with the core plugs last month. I found that
they'd been replaced over time with the rubber style and had deteriorated. I
just got back from a trip via Va, Sc, then back home to D.C.and am glad it
happened near home man. I probably stressed it a little more than I should
have (I had visions of gaping cracks in the block... brrrrr..)

Now I'v got another.  I looked it up in the archives once but I cant find it
again. So maybe some one could point me in the right direction.

My alternator finally gave up (very little charge in the battery after a
good long idle and a jump start, cranks a couple times though) and Id like
to replace it with more amps.

Can get a stronger alternator like 65-amp (I'v got air conditioning)?

If I do this, will I need to up grade anything else like the volt regulator?

the lights, radio and wipers all dimmed or slowed down when idling.  Could
this just be the old alternator showing wear before the final breath?

battery is brand new

belts were tight

the tires are Michelin....

Thanx again man!