1956 Color

hi im bill. a quick pointer, if they are wide shallow dents, use a toilet plunger. It Works!! worked for my father's  and I's 1955 imperial (two tone blue - light body, dark top) it is for sale so if you would like more info on it e-mail me back at hemiimperial@xxxxxxx  thanks, Bill.

----- Original Message -----
From: avlimited
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 8:41 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1956 Color

I have a 1956 imperial 4 door. The previous owner in California told me it
was Tahitian coral and white. I knew better that it was desert rose and
white. I had a black 1956 imperial and a 1955 2 door desert rose and white
car back in the  late 80's. I restored the black one and sold the desert
rose one. I kind of regretted it and wanted a desert rose one again a 55 or
56.
On getting the car I realized indeed this is original, never painted. I
went to NAPA and after spending some time with their paint man found out
that the previous owner was correct that the car when purchase new was
special ordered with Tahitian coral. I do have 4 dents in the car not
serious but I would like to get them out. I am going to get a dent wizard
in to see what he could do on pulling them out. My friends in the local car
club told me if I could get them out good but if I could not do not paint
the car as the cars finish is in real good shape with a few scratches here
and there. They told me it is a original high points car. If I would
repaint the car it would not score high in cars shows.

Anthony