Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:05:11 -0800 (PST)
From: KerryPinkerton <pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Imperial Friends and Fun
 Well Today was THE Day.

Jim Stacey drove all the way down from Toronto to
North Alabama to bring me the folding top mechanism
from a 69 Chrysler that a guy in Toronto donated to
the 57 Imperial Roadster cause.  In return, Jim
plundered the 72 parts car for his 73 in pieces.
About 7:30 Jim pulled up pulling a small UHAUL (4x4x8)
behind his Escort.  About 8 hours later he left with
both front fenders, rear quarters, front wheel wells,
rear bumper, the gas tank, and a much of little stuff.
 His UHAUL is full to the brim.

There is not much left of the 72.  I will probably
pull the dash, doors and front clip and haul the rest
to the scrap metal man.  If anyone needs any trim,
glass, etc, let me know.  I'm going to sell my 73 so I
don't plan on needing any spares.

It was a fun day but I'm Whupped as we say in the
South.

Jim is headed north and will spend the night in
Bowling Green Kentucky.

Jim's a great guy and I'm looking forward to seeing
his 73 back on the road.  Btw,  his 73 has NO vent
windows.  I knew there were power and crank vents (I
have power) but had not heard or seen of no vent
windows before.  Does anyone else have that
configuration?

Kerryp