O/D- based on 727/904

At 11:26 AM 1/28/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Another alternative would be a deeper 1st gear during a tranny rebuild as
>was recommended to me recently, that'll give me easier off the line starts
>for city and still the direct drive for the fwy.
Although this is up to personal preference, I would not like this that
much.  There would be too much spacing between 1st and second for a
continuous acceleration.  Also, the tall 1st gear can often be used as
passing gear at low speed, and you would loose this advantage with the "low
1st gear", although this conversion would be much cheaper than the GV.  One
day, I will probably add this OD to my 68 sedan, along with 3.73 or 3.55
rear gears.  This would be a perfect match to this car's "big" cam...
D^2