75 Imperial vs 77 NYB

Otis Davidson wrote:

> The '74 Imps and '78 NYB's had the non-Waterfall grille...they had the
> mesh-grille instead.
> There might be some other stuff too.

Just to be clear, the '74 and '78 grilles are not the same as each other,
either. There were three grilles for this period: 1974, 1975-77, and 1978.
All are waterfall styles, but only on the '74-76 grille do the vertical ribs
and openings extend all the way to the top of the grille without a
decorative cap of sorts. NYBs also repeat the grille pattern in the bumper,
whereas Imperial bumpers have no grilles (check me on this... might be 1974
only).

There are actually a number of detail differences both inside and out which
help you distinguish one year from another, from the lettering on the
speedometer to the style of the vinyl top.

1976 and 1977 are most similar.

Chris in LA
78 NYB Salon
67 Crown