Flashing '71 Imperial; was Re: IML: power locks/ interior lights/head li

Flashing '71 Imperial; was Re: IML: power locks/ interior lights/head lights

--- kevin pacheco <kevin50187@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the help Scott, but i might have left an
> important thing out,  On
> the interior lights, if i pull the positive cable
> off the batterie, and leav
> it off for a while then put it back on,  the
> interior lights start to flash,
> its not consistant, it might flash about 5-6 times
> before it stopes.  and
> every time the lights flash, there is a click sound,
> sounds like its coming
> from the area arround the fuse box.  what might that

Well, the clicking sound is most likely the circuit
breaker for the interior lights.  However . . . do the
lights flash when a door is open, or does this
"phenomenon" occur when all doors are closed?

Either way, there's a problem in the electrical
system.  Again, you'll need a '71 shop manual (it
comes in two volumes -- chassis and body) to help
diagnose the problem.  The wiring diagram for the '71
dash takes up four pages in the manual.

Also, there was no factory security system available
for '71.  For a full list of the '71 options, please
see
http://members.imperialclub.com/elijah/imperial/specs/specs.htm
(you may have to cut and paste to get the entire
address in your browser).

Elijah