From: Bilboyz@xxxxxxx [mailto:Bilboyz@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 12:25 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Help with push button drive!

Today I took my 1959 Imperial to Sears to put new tires on it. When I went to pick it up, they couldn't get it started. When I got in it I noticed neutral and drive 2 buttons were both depressed. I hit drive, and then reverse slightly and the car went into neutral, and I was able to get it started, but the neutral button would not pop out, so I had to balance the drive and reverse button until I could hear it go into neutral. When I got home I took the plate molding off, to see if I could get the neutral button to pop out. This is where my problems started, since the foam/felt type gasket was partially gone, all the buttons were all over the place, I got them lined up and back in the bezel, but none of them worked correctly, and the drive button came right out. I worked on it for sometime without success, since it was dark, and I couldn't see what I was doing. Does anyone know how you're supposed to install these buttons correctly? and are they supposed t o be so unstable when you take the trim bezel off? Help I can't go anywhere without my gears. Bill Melichar 1959 Crown coupe.