Re: IML: 1964 Imperial power steering pump

Re: IML: 1964 Imperial power steering pump

9/16 socket

two bolts that affix the PS pump to the block, and
perhaps remove the battery.

Replace the pressure and return lines while you are in
there.

I did this on the 72 and the rebuilt pump promptly
stopped working below 2000 rpm.  If you use an old box
with a new pump, the remanufaturing people suggest an
inline power steering filter, which I installed.  Car
works properly with the replacement pumpt that I had
to pay for.

-K

Kenyon Wills