From: Tom Scott <shelbyguy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 3:51 pm
Subject: Re: IML: 1959 On EBAY

I agree Rob. The car looks ridiculous without the front bumperettes and the Kmart parking lites but it appears to be a pretty solid car. I'd rather start with something like this than a pile of rust missing all the trim parts and a busted motor.
Tom
60 Crown
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob McCall" <Rob_Mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:38 PM

Wow, you guys are being pretty harsh on this poor car. If it's not rotted  out, there's still plenty of potential in that car. Maybe not for a 100%  correct restoration, but a nice cruiser or tasteful custom sure. Right now
it doesn't even work as a tacky custom.

The front bumper appears to have had its protrusions replaced with polished
stainless steel. And trailer running lights added below. That could be
remedied easy enough. I'm not sure what the looped wire hanging out of the
front is for.

OK, I just went back and took a closer look at the pictures. That car needs
some loving, or to be put out of its misery.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron (need some love too, but not as bad at that '59)