IML: MEK info - Was: 61 Imperial Interior Refurbish

IML: MEK info - Was: 61 Imperial Interior Refurbish

Ken and others:

I went to the MSDS for MEK and read through the material.  You are right; it
is not all that bad.

The cautions that apply to occasional use are the usual, "wear chemical
resistant long gloves, wear a respirator if you are going to be working with
it for a long time, and have good ventilation. Have an eye-wash station or
equivalent handy, and always flush with water if it gets in your eye or on
your skin".

For the complete official data sheet, go to:

http://www.temarry.com/MSDS/Methyl_Ethyl_Ketone_msds.htm

I think the bottom line is, go ahead and use it, just treat it with respect,
don't get it on you, and if it gets on your clothes, take them off, take a
shower and wash the clothes.

It is a GREAT Solvent for cleaning parts!

Dick Benjamin