Re: IML: 61 Imperial Interior Refurbish

Yes, Dan. Soak is probably the wrong word for the softener - it's just applied and left on for a day or two. I did this several times over a long period.

I used a wire brush attachment on my drill as well as sand paper. I mostly used sand paper between coats (two or three).

You are correct, the Surflex is a dye/conditioner.

Ken Miller

therichardsonfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Ken and group:

I'm guessing that others may ask this same question, that is why I'm going through the list.

If I understand it correctly, this is a 3 step proccess:

1st - Soak (for months even) the leather with a softener
2nd - Clean with MEK, and sand with wire brush
3rd - Use a COLORED DYE/softener product that will restore the proper color to the sanded leather.

(The dye is the part I was missing before)  Is that a correct synopsis?  Thanks for the help,