Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 65Lebaron Ignition Switch

howard <parkerc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how to get the ignition switch out of my 65 Lebaron.
Chad -- I haven't had a chance to go out to the garage and look at my own '65 LeBaron, but I believe that you remove the ignition switch by first unscrewing the lock ring around it.  On the front of the ignition switch, do you see a ring around the edge of it that has notches in it?  If so, use a large screwdriver or a small putty knife to hook into the notches and turn it counterclockwise to unscrew it.  Once you unscrew this ring, the ignition switch will pull forward to be removed.

Once it's out, you may be able to remove the broken key, or any good locksmith should be able to remove it and cut you a new one.

Good luck!

Elijah

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.