From: Elijah Scott
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Need some power window motors for my '68

BRYAN ST MARY <bryanst428@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have found replacement window motors for my 67 Imp in Chrysler products as late as 1992.  The body of the motor differs slightly (squared off motor rather than cylindrical) but it mounts up fine.  I bought them for as little as $10 at a wrecking yard.
Bryan has the right idea here, and the price is sure right!

Also, just in case anyone is interested, rebuilt motors can be had from all of the major parts suppliers.  The lowest price I've found recently is from RockAuto.com, who has them at $43.79.  The only two caveats are that you have to reuse the gear from the old motor and you have to solder on the wiring harness from the old motor.  The part numbers are 4243 (left) and 4244 (right).  This motor will work on any 1967-1975 Imperial, as well as '76-'78 NYBs (and has other applications as well).

The club currently has a discount with RockAuto -- see their entry at http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Engine/Sources.htm

Hope this helps!

Elijah

Do you Yahoo!?

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron