Re: IML: ABS brakes????Please help

I just went thru with this. My 90 Bendix ABS failed. Chrysler fixed it for free, under the recall. The Dealer used the last 8 digests of my VIN and pulled up the record. It showed mine was 1st repaired under the recall in 96. The recall for the pumps is for the life of the car IE as long as the car is being driven. If need I can scan the word order and you can show it to your Dealer. This work can only be done by the Dealer.

Bottom line if the Dealer shows it was fixed once they should fix it again. The recall is not a one time deal, if the part fails again it is covered.

--
Alan Jordan
90 IMP

-------------- Original message from "anthony romano" <mamrom@xxxxxxx>: --------------

I just bought a 93 Imp. in great shape.

 Problems:
The abs light comes on but than shut off and the car is hard to stop-spoke to the previous owner and he said he would sometimes use the emergency brake to stop the car. I call Chrysler and they said the car had been repaired for the recall on the ABS- what ever that intailed. What should I do to fix this problem