IML: Update and another sighting

We planned to have some trees removed from our lot while on a recent vacation so I needed to move the Imperial out of harm's way (the current dent in the quarter and roof crease were due to a fallen tree).  This was an excellent excuse to be able to "drive" the car, it hasn't moved under its own power since the tow truck delivered it in April - it only goes in reverse at present.  Fortunately our driveway is flat so I was able to back it out to the street, push it forward a bit, then back it into the garage.  The good news is the bleed job I did on the brakes is still holding so maybe I'm lucky with no leaks in the lines.

I have to say it was fun getting the car moving at all, I know it will be a blast when I get the transmission repaired, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.  The car barely fits in the garage: three inches from my workbench and about the same from the garage door.

On our drive back from vacation to the Eastern side of the state I spotted a 1963 Crown 2-door (at Mile 176 on the Glenn Highway).  I stopped and talked to the owner and he said the only thing wrong with it when he parked it was it needed new leaf springs.  The back end is on jack stands and he'd pulled the springs but left it at that.  The car is in fair condition, interior is original and looks decent.  But I just don't need another project, even though practically the first thing he said was if I wanted to buy it.  Hopefully someone else will save it.

Donn Reese
1960 Custom 4-door Hardtop