From: louis colon <luis10241@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: IML: Edelbrock Carburetor; was re: PN for voltage regulator and Carburator.

Hi list and Elijah,
I installed teh carburator and it was a lot easier than I thought. With that electric choke I only had to pump the pedel twice and it stayed on. I usally have to do this 7 or 8 times to get her started and idling by itself. That in its self is great. I have one question where the old choke was on the manifold it had a piece that came out and conected to the old choke. It has a clip and if you push it down it springs back up. Do I need to connect this some how or can I leave it like that.

Thanks Luis

Elijah Scott <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
louis colon <luis10241@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Im in NY and I never heard of a Schucks. Do you or anybody know where esle to get one. I'll do what you said and try installing it in the parking lot.
Louis,

There are a couple of good options for a new carburetor.  The Edelbrock 1406 will bolt right on and be as close to bulletproof as you can find.  Summit Racing has them -- http://tinyurl.com/qlmod -- as does Jeg's -- http://tinyurl.com/pyqh5.  I've ordered carbs from both companies before and both are good places to do business.

Jeg's also offers a Chrysler throttle lever adapter that makes it a snap to mate the throttle linkage up to the new carb -- http://tinyurl.com/nd33w

You'll be amazed at how much better your Imperial runs with a new carburetor.

Elijah

Blab-away for as little as 1Â/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Luis Colon
1968 Blue Convertable,1974 Chysler New Yorker.