Re: IML: convertible tops

'Never do it again'? Hey, this is a soft-top we're taking about, right? Even with good care, they're only good for just so many years. Original was certainly 'pinpoint vinyl', but as this is a wear part, AND you don;t want to do it again, consider doing it in 'American Stayfast' a more durable kind of Haartz cloth. You'll spend a couple hundred more, love the look, and maybe never have to do it again (assuming you're not still in your 20's), because it won't shrink like vinyl or rot like Haartz. I struggled with this question (original spec vs better stuff) until I saw a 1960 300 Letter car with the Stayfast. Dripping Gorgeous! I've never looked back!

Oh, yes, by all means do the pads and wires, so it all fits perfectly!

jc